What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Secret Secret

Bob Shea has a series, Ballet Cat, and I LOVE these books.  And the first one is my favorite.  Which has NOTHING to do with It's Not Like It's a Secret, other than they both have "secret" in the title and they were both great book. This is a story of first love, of parents of self-discovery, of stereotypes and prejudice and Japanese culture and Asian culture and LBGTQ life and straight life and high school and communication and confusion and Latino culture and faithfulness and American culture.  This is just one, really great book.  I could see that there could be a danger in it being about TOO many things, now that I have listed them, but really, it isn't.  It is just really realistic, because real life is about a lot of things going on at once, too.  Great, great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment