What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Spooky Stories

I know it is early September, but I do love a good ghost story.  I love spooky stuff.  I do.  And the fall, well, it just makes me think of spooky things.  And so when I saw Guys Read:  Terrifying Tales, I just had to have a listen.  And I am so glad I did.  I have listened to a few of these.  This is the sixth one in the series.  Last year when I was keeping track, I guess.  I know I did the sports one, which I really did enjoy!
This one was really good.  Some fantastic authors here like Dav Pilkey, and Nikki Loftin. I LOVED some of the stories.  Like Mr. Shocky by Michael Buckley and Don't Eat the Baby by Kelly Barnhill.  This is a very strong collection of great spooky stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment