What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Jacob Have I Loved SPOILERS!

This wasn't a rip off of Jacob Have I Loved, not at all.  But it did remind me of that book, just now, not when I was reading it.  I had a father who was a mean guy.  Mean to my mom, mean to my brother and mean to me.  But he did the best he could.  He had a dad who was even meaner!  My mom is a wonderful soul, but she had a mean mom and she had to live with my dad, so she has painful issues of her own that still haunt her.  Still, I know that I was/am loved by parents who did the best that they could.  Generally I do think that people do the best they can.
But I am off on a tangent.
Thinking this and thinking about the mom in Notes from a Liar and Her Dog, I know that Ant is a liar, doing the best that she can.  Harder to feel grace toward her mother who is really tough on Ant, but she is an adult and so maybe doesn't get as much grace from me as Ant does.
Really good book.  Hard but good.  Just so you know, the dog DOES NOT DIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment