What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I don't watch much tv

and again, I HATE it when people say that!  But I really don't, just because I work so much and listen to books so much and play Cookie Jam so much!  So tv vs. Cookie Jam?  Cookie Jam wins.  It's not that I am an anti-tv intellectual, here!
So when my mom started getting into reruns of The Office, she really fell in love with Jenna Fischer.  And when we found this book by her, The Actor's Life:  a Survival Guide I got it on audible so that we could listen to it in the car.  It was a very good listen and I do think Jenna Fischer is a funny and smart woman.  It was great to hear her tips for people going in to acting.  And I so wish I had done it!  Even though I have no talent for it, but I have a giant ego!  I loved the recipe for aspiring actor's pizza.
At the end of the book she does some interviews with actors.  And man, there is just one who is really nasty.  I can't remember her name...but you will know the nasty one when you listen!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment