What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

To Lose a Friend

The Chaos of Standing Still was again one of those books written so well that I just think the author, Jessica Brody, had to have had the soul-crushing experience of losing a best friend.  Having had this soul-crushing experience, I feel that way.  The thing is, the main character here lost her best friend in drunk driving accident (the other guy walked away without a scratch-- and I am STILL the only one who thinks Prohibition is a good idea?!?)
There is survivor guilt at play here.  Ryn dealing with the divorce of her parents, and falling in love.  Great, great book.  Also, it was neat to have this set in the Denver Airport.  Which is quite the place!  And Blucifer IS SCARY!  I agree!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment