What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Wishing and Hoping

was a really good song...Wishing Day is a great start to a new series by Lauren Myracle.  It's another one of those books that makes me wonder what it would be like to have a sister or sisters.  Complex, I am sure.  Natasha is thirteen and in her town on the third night of the third month after a girl from their town turns thirteen, they are able to make three wishes at a "wishing tree."  It was actually one of Natasha's relatives, long, long ago who started the tradition. But this book is less about magic and more about growing up and discovering one's self and the loss of a mother and the pain of mental illness in a family and friendship and so much more.  Well,  maybe it is equal parts magic and that.  In any case, it is creative and really good and I will enjoy reading the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment