What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Wah Wah Wah

It all started at work when my bestie and I were reading Good Grief, It's Mother's Day and the book has the adults speaking the iconic "Wah Wah Wah" words.  We started saying how terrible that is.  That there are hardly any adults in the Peanuts World and when they are there, they aren't very invested in their children!  I wanted to find out if there was a reason behind this, but while Schulz and Peanuts:  a biography did answer a lot of questions, it didn't answer this one!  So I guess it will remain a mystery!
This was a good book, but it seemed to be really long at the start, like lots of detail about the his growing up and starting out and all of that, but then rushed at the end.  And there was controversy.  The family gave David Michaelis full access to Schulz's papers and then they really felt like he did a poor job painting the picture of the man himself.  The truth is probably somewhere in between but for Schulz and his family's sake, I hope that Michaelis's portrait of Schulz was more morose than it had to be.  Judging though, from the fact that Charlie Brown never did get to kick that football...

No comments:

Post a Comment