What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, July 11, 2016

It Only Takes a Second

In an instant life can change.  For the good and the bad.  Of course, as quickly as things can change in an instant, I am not a believer in the idea that things are then set in stone.  The story is never over. Every Single Second is a good example of that.  Here are two instances in which lives were changed in an instant.  But it wasn't the end of the story in either case.  Tricia Springstubb is a new author for me and I want to read another book by her because I really thought this was super well written, I just really didn't like the main character and I really didn't like how the book ended!  Which probably means that it was a super great book because it made me think a lot. This is a very timely book and I think it is well done, I just REALLY didn't like how it ended!  I also like that it is about Roman Catholic schools.  There just aren't a lot of books written about Roman Catholic schools.  I gave it three stars at first, but I am moving it to four, now that I have had a day to think about it.  And I would 100% recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Reving, thanks so much for choosing to read "Every Single Second" and for sharing your thoughts! My biggest hope for the book is that it makes readers think and that it starts conversations, so I really appreciate your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write! I am so excited to read your other books!!!!!

    ReplyDelete