What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Screams

My dear friend texted me about Scream:  Chilling Adventures in the Science of Fear and I bought it right away on audible.com.  It really is a topic right up my alley.  I am big fan of haunted attractions and have spent seasons visiting more than 30 of them in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.  I have written about fear a lot on here, and wondered why we like to be scared.  I had hoped that this book would have some answers and it did.  This was a good book, by a local gal, Margee Kerr who has had article published in the New York Times, and The Atlantic, among many other places about her studies of fear.
She has worked with a local haunt here in the North Hills, The Scarehouse in Etna, which I have been to, but not in a few years.  This book made me vow to go back this year.  And to be very brave and try the infamous Basement.  I have to admit that I never found The Scarehouse to be the scariest attraction, that does to Rich's Fright Farm, hands down.  But again, I have yet to try the Basement and I haven't been to Scarehouse in at least two years.  This fall I hope to visit RFF and Scarehouse and see how they compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment