What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Catching Fire, Indeed

I FINALLY got a copy of Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I absolutely love this series and I can't wait until the third book comes out. It seems sad to me that there are only going to be three in the series- hence trilogy. Harry Freaking Potter had, what 5799 books in the series, right? All I'm saying is if the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy is as good as the first and second, I will be very sorry to see the story end.
Catching Fire picks up where Hunger Games ended, after Katniss and Peeta have become victors in the 74 annual Hunger Games in their country called Panem. The Hunger Games is a fight to the death kinda reality tv show during which two "tributes" from each of the 12 districts (kinda like states) must kill each other off on television. The event is held to remind the districts that The Capitol reigns supreme and that they are still being punished for an uprising against it that took place years and years ago.
In the first book, Katniss outwits the Games and the Capitol by making it so two people (she and Peeta) win the Hunger Games. Well in this book, she is going to pay for it.
The President of Panem sends both her and Peeta back into the deadly arena along with all of the other living tributes to fight to the death.
Once again Collins has created a serious page turner and Peeta and Katniss are more life-like than ever.
The ending leaves me wanting the last installment NOW, but I will be very sad when the trilogy is completed. It has been an adventurous, dangerous, captivating ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment