What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

can't hurt her.

What My Mother Doesn't Know, that is. Which is why there are just certain things one should never tell their mom. The only thing is, I can't remember what things the girl in the book is hiding from her mother. I can't remember anything too, too horrible going on in the kid's life. This is just a really sweet, funny story with really good insight into teen love and peer pressure and whatnot.
It is all written in short diary-ish poems to make for a quick and very pleasurable read. Sophie writes about her two best friends, about her faith, about the boys she thought she was in love with and finally about the boy she really does fall in love with-- but that's a problem because she is known as the biggest loser in the school. There is a companion piece, that I read a couple years ago, told from the "loser" boy's side called What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know and, as I recall, it was equally believable and enjoyable. Sophie is a very likable girl and so is her "loser" boyfriend, Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment