What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, May 10, 2010

HTF

So many people know what WTF means but my question about the book, WTF is HTF, as in How the *%@(% did this book get published. This is very nearly the worst book I have read all year. I was in such a foul mood while trying to read this that my mother asked me what was wrong. It was just that annoying. I haven't been this annoyed by a book since Sense of Urgency. This book just wouldn't end. The cover is great. But like, School of Fear, it doesn't live up to it. But make no mistake, School was decent, it just didn't live up to the amazing cover, but WTF is terrible. Terrible!
A lot of reviewers have compared this to Nick and Norah. But no way! No way! Yes there is the same kind of language and it is set in NYC and surrounding areas, but N and N was hilarious and brilliant. This is just garbage. It does steal a huge, huge cool idea from N and N- passersby mistake the hero's car for a taxi and force themselves into it. I couldn't believe it when I read that. It was a blatant rip-off of funny scene in N and N.
None of these characters are likable, nothing is believable. The writing is trash and the story just drags along. It is supposed to only take place in one 24-hour period, but this book feels like it was eons. Eons.
Please don't walk away from this book. Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment