What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Team Lucius

I have written about Twilight before and made it clear that "I like my men with a pulse, thank you", as they say, but after reading Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side I may have changed my mind...Team Luscious Lucious, indeed! (I do have to note though...that Lucious does have a pulse. He can also go out in daylight without sparkling.)
This book is yet another romance...but with a dark side.
Jessica is just about to turn eighteen, living with her adoptive parents in Lebanon County, PA. Her life is pretty grand. She doesn't know much about her birth parents except that she was adopted in Romania because her bio-parents had died.
Her life is pretty good, save the jerky cheerleader, Faith, and the lumpy football player, Frank, who pick on her because she isn't the thinnest of the thin girls in school.
Jess has a best friend, great parents, a budding romance with the farmer boy down the road. Things are decent!
Until...Lucius arrives...posing as an exchange student, Lucius claims to be her betrothed. Their wedding was set up back in Romania at the time of their births and would result in the joining of two very powerful families, thus ending years and years and years and years of feuding. I mean years. Because Lucius is a vampire and so, apparently is Jess.
I won't give anymore away, just read this book and you won't be sorry. I found it actually much better than Twilight...maybe because it was a bit more gruesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment