What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

St. Elsewhere

I thought I would try out another comic book and thought that this one had an interesting cover and the art work caught my eye, so without knowing anything about The Elsewhere Chronicles Book One:  The Shadow Door, I took it home and read it tonight.
The story begins with three friends, Noah, Max and Theo watching the burial of an old man lived in a spooky house in town.  As they watch, Grandpa Gabe being lowered into the ground, Gabe's granddaughter, Rebecca comes up to them and introduces herself.  She is apparently from out of town and had never met her grandfather.  Her family is planning to sell the house and all of its contents and go on with their lives.  Rebecca and the boys, however, sneak into the house and discover that it is filled with books written by Grandpa Gabe and also a lot of funky machinery.  One particularly interesting machine looks like a film projector, but it has the ability to take people to another world...Elsewhere, I assume.
Max and Rebecca end up in this world of shadows, filled with dangerous creatures.
The story didn't grab me completely, but it is a short book and I will read the rest.  As of now there are four in the series, so I will keep going and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment