What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dirty Little Liars

The cover of Pretty Little Liars that I read was totally gross.  Note the image to the side.  Four girls all dressed up and covered with dirt.  I know, it's symbolic, but I hate it.  I have no idea what the original cover was like, or if this even was the original but I don't like it.  I DO like this book, however.  A lot.  Ah yes, another guilty pleasure.
I feel even more guilty about loving PLL when I found out how it was created.  I don't know how I had never heard of book packagers before, but I hadn't.  It was planned all along to be a tv series and who knows what else.  A big, money making machine.  Oh well.  It worked!  You can watch the first episode of the series here.
This is the story of five friends who shared a lot of interesting secrets.  One of the girls, Ali, goes missing and the other four girls drift apart.  One year after Ali's disappearance, the girls each begin receiving messages from "A" who seems to know exactly what the girls are up to, the shoplifting, the fooling around with teachers, etc.  Totally sinful stuff and a very fun read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment