What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Sequel

Flat Broke:  The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Greed by Gary Paulsen is the sequel to Liar, Liar, which I haven't read.  I listened to Flat Broke and thought it was pretty decent.  I don't know.  I am still not feeling the love for Gary Paulsen.  Then again, I am not the target audience for a GP book, so I really don't like to rip on his books.  And I did really like The Tent, in so far as it made me think.  I liked Flat Broke enough to want to read Liar, Liar, so that is saying something, too.  Kevin is a pretty nice guy.  He just really wants to earn a lot of money so that he can impress a girl.  That seems normal enough, right?  It's hard to dislike Kevin at all, really.  And I did feel bad for him when things got rough.  I think that his ideas for making money were quite creative, too!  Now I am anxious to go back and find out about Kevin's lying problem in Liar, Liar so that I can recommend both, because, while I'm not in love with Flat Broke, I really did enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment