What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

VERY eye-catching title

I did a double-take when I saw The Dead Boys sitting on the children's shelves of the Sewickley Public Library of the Quaker Valley School District.
First of all, check out the cover.  It is most cool.
The book was good, too.  A neat story about a boy and his mother who move to eastern Washington, in the desert so that his mom can work at a nuclear power plant.
Our young hero realizes that something very creepy is going on pretty quickly.  The tree next to his window seems to find its way inside his room, he meets a few boys who are well...as the title says, dead.
Every chapter starts off with a picture of the tree reaching for the boy.  You can tell if he is in more or less danger in the chapter by how close the limbs are to the running figure. I will pick up this author again.

No comments:

Post a Comment