What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, February 3, 2012

? ? ?


"What do the question marks mean?"
That's the question the Three Investigators always hear when they pass out their business cards proclaiming that Jupiter Jones, First Investigator: Pete Crenshaw, Second Investigator and Bob Andrews, Records and Research are ready to take on any kind of mystery you might have.
When I was a little girl, I loved these books so much. As I may have mentioned before, my father managed a Children's Palace and on payday he would always bring home books and The Three Investigators were one of my most favorite series. The stories are always introduced by Alfred Hitchcock and at the end of the books the boys usually hang out with him and fill him in on the details of their case. The guys live near Hollywood and their business meets in an abandoned mobile home, trailer kind of thing, which I thought was so awesome. The Magic Circle was one of my most favorite in the series because I liked the witchcraft aspect. It is a story about an reclusive old Hollywood movie actress who may or may not be involved in a witch's coven. Great stuff and I still found it enjoyable after all of these years. Turns out a few years ago, there were some Three Investigators movies that came out in countries other than the US. I would love to see one!

No comments:

Post a Comment