What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh Won't You Stay....

You remember this song, right? Such a good song! But after reading Stay, I guess it could be a little creepy. In fact, after reading Stay, a lot of songs might sound a little creepy. The obvious one is Every Breath You Take but there's also Endless Love, especially if you think about the movie and I'm Telling You I'm Not Going to say nothing of Johnny Get Angry! But I've already shared my thoughts on that one.
In this book by Deb Caletti it is Christian who gets angry. Angry at himself and angry at Clara, who promised to love him forever, who promised never to leave. But see....Christian is a little weird and a lot controlling. And big-time dangerous.
Because of his obsession, Clara and her father hide out up the west coast, away from their home in Seattle.
This was one of those books like the Summer I Turned Pretty series, and not just because it is set in the summer, but it is one of those books where the author is just so so good at setting the scene, at bringing you into the world of the characters that you really don't want to leave.
The book is also about Clara and her father and her father's grief over the death of his wife when Clara was four.
If you have ever broken up with someone who just didn't want to let go, you will totally understand this book. If that person scared you, you will seriously understand this book, so much that it will give you chills. If you are still hoping that you'll never get another "just one more" email or text from that guy, man...you'll just tear through this book, like I did.
Seriously recommended for anyone who has been through this, but also for those who haven't. The signs are there, you just have to be willing to see them.
Excellent book. I can't wait to read more from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment