What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Because of You


Because of Mr. Terupt is a little book with a lot of meat. There's a sequel coming out later this year and I'll be waiting for it. BOMT is the first book by Rob Buyea. I checked this out from the library on my Kindle because I like to be reading three books at one time. One book in traditional book form, one ebook and one audio book in the car. Publishers are giving libraries a very hard time about ebooks. Random House wants to charge 80 bucks for one copy of an ebook. Some publishers won't let libraries lend their ebooks at all. The debate goes on and on and so really there aren't a lot of ebooks out there to be borrowed. Finding BOMT was like finding a golden ticket because this book was great. Mr. Terupt is a first year teacher and each chapter in the book is from the POV of one of seven students in his class. Each kid is your typical kid-- everyone has them all figured out on the outside...but inside, each one has a story to tell. I don't want to give away too much, but I definitely strongly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment