What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 23, 2012

She's So...

I started this book a year or so ago and I have no idea why I didn't finish it until now.  It was just sitting around on my Kindle.  I am so glad that I did because it was a completely enjoyable book.  One of those books that you need to read when your mind needs a rest.  Not that it was cheesy like a Stuart Woods book, it isn't, but just that it takes you away to another locale and gets you into the characters' lives and out of this world for awhile.  She's So Dead to Us is the first in a trilogy, focusing on Ally and Jake.  Ally has moved back to her hometown after having left it in disgrace.  Her dad pulled a Bernie Madoff and all of Ally's right friends up on the Crest (Cresties as they are called) lost a lot of money because of him.  Now Ally and her mom live in a condo and they are "Norms" just the regular folk.  Ally thinks that maybe her friends up on the Crest will welcome her back into the group with open arms, but that's not happening.  Some blame her for her father's theft and deceit and some are just jerks.  Ally though, is falling in love with Jake, the guy who now lives in her home.  The book is back and forth between Ally and Jake and I like them both, even though they are flawed people, just like all of us.  Looking forward to reading the next one.  This is by Kieran Scott, who is also Kate Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment