What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Really Different and Eye-opening

Lovetorn was a Kindle App check out from the library, again. Once again, I had little clue about its subject and it was a joyful surprise. Shalini is sixteen and had never left India (she is from Bangalore) until her dad gets a two year job in LA. She is a traditional Indian girl from an Indian family that is even more traditional than most. She was engaged at the age of three to Vikram, a really sweet and decent dude. Her experiences adjusting to American culture seem to real and way more overwhelming than I could have handled at any age. This is a really different and neat-o book.
SPOILERS
Personally, I never, ever, ever would have given up Vikram. I mean, even the way he took it in the end...wow, I would never, ever have let that dude go!

No comments:

Post a Comment