What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bye-Bye BlackBerry

I am sad to say that when my option to get a new phone at a discount comes up, I will be saying good-bye to my beloved BlackBerry. After learning that the new BlackBerry will be without a physical keyboard, I realized there was nothing left to hold on to anymore. Every BB user I know sticks with BB because of the keyboard. We do without the "cool factor" and we put up with the eye-rolling from iPhone and Droid users. We deal with the fact that there are very few apps that are even mildly useful or amusing. We do all of this because of the physical keyboard. The new Bold keyboards are extraordinary so this news is clearly evidence of another really ridiculous business decision. When I had toyed with the idea of giving up my BlackBerry, it was loyalty that kept me faithful. Now I can move on, though, because BB has betrayed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment