What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Man, I Miss My BlackBerry

So after nearly a month with a fancy and hip iPhone 4S or something, I have to say that I definately miss my BlackBerry but not for the reasons I thought I would.
I was so sure that the only reason I might miss the BB was the keyboard.  I have known iPhone users who type like drunken monkeys or like people with fifty pound fingers and thought that all iPhones were difficult to use.  No way.  The keyboard is excellent, it predicts everything and I can write grants, return emails, text like a maniac and do everything with the touch-screen keyboard that I could do on my BB.
But to be honest, the iPhone is no match for a BB and the only reason that it sells more is because it is seen as hip and cool.  Don't get me wrong, it IS hip and cool.  And I am a Mac person for sure.  No doubt about it, always have been, always will be.  But the BB Bold that I had, is simply a better smart phone.  The internet was faster, the email was much easier, the camera was better.  There are many simple things that I thought, since the dinosaur BB can do it, for sure the iPhone will be able to and faster, better and cooler!
But no.  Man, I miss my BB and may switch it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment