What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

More than a cartoon

My Life as a Book left we with the same feeling that My Life as a Stuntboy did.    It is Diary of a Wimpy Kid...but it's more than that.  It's just so good and serious in parts and really, really awesome.  A large part of this book deals with the accidental drowning of a teenager.  I know...it seems weird.  How can that be in a cartoon book?  Well, it is and it is really well done.  Great book.  Can't wait for another.  This was the first and Stuntboy is the second.  Bring on the third! This book also introduced me to parkour, which I had never heard of before!

No comments:

Post a Comment