What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Clean Hotel Room? Say Thank You!

Most of you probably already do tip your housekeeper when you stay at a hotel.  Of course, we must assume that some of you are Foster Care Business Workers and therefore, how shall I put this delicately?  Dumb as stumps.
So I will tell you all here, should you ever stay in a hotel be sure to tip the maid.  Even if you stay for one night.  Especially you Foster Care Business Workers, because you are FAR too lazy to ever take on  job that requires such work.  Tip the maid.  Now you can't say, "Um.  Like I never knew, and stuff."
Also, if it is hot, or even if it isn't, turn up the AC.  At most hotel chains, housekeeping isn't allowed to turn on the AC even though cleaning is massive hard work.  Make it a little cooler, if you can.  Turn on the lights, open the window blinds, so that the room isn't so depressing.  I know that this seems silly, but the maid will know first, that there are no creeps hiding inside and second, it just won't be so darn dreary and sad.
How much do you tip your maid?  I say 5 bucks a night.  Leave a note, too.  Saying thank you.
Be a grownup and be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment