What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Did Woods Really Write this?

As you know, I love the Stone Barrington books by Stuart Woods.  Rip on them all you want, they are great fun.  But Severe Clear?  This is good!  I am only half way through the cd, but man....this story is really gripping. The Arrington is opening in Beverly Hills, named after Arrington Carter Barrington, of course and built on the site of the Calder home.  It is going to be a MASSIVE grand opening deal!  The presidents of the US and Mexico will be there, even.  And so will some bad guys, trying to avenge the death of Bin Laden.  This book has suspense and humor and a great mystery.  Stone and Dino haven't been in it too much, but Ben and Peter are there, Holly Barker, Felicity Devonshire, a little bit of Herbie Fisher.  The President of the US is still Will Lee, his wife is the head of the CIA, so they are there, too. This is such a great book.  I don't know if Woods is back to writing or if he has a great, new writer doing his stuff, but so far this book is great fun and great in general!
Dino and Stone have found a place to eat and hang.  It was weird that the book didn't start out with "Elaine's.  Late."  Now they are hanging at Patroon and owner Ken Aretsky makes an appearance, saying that Elaine told him to look out for Stone and Dino.  I wonder if Elaine really did tell Aretsky to look for Woods!
In the book there is a reference to an actress/singer who is so wonderful she is described as a combination Meryl Streep and Barbra Streisand.  To me that equals Judy! :)
Great book!  Now that I've finished it, I can say it was great, cover to cover!  Thanks, Stone!
This book was both LA and NYC, equal parts, so I will not count it!

No comments:

Post a Comment