What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Grand Rapids

Another wonderful book set in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. One of the main characters is a girl named Wendy who wants to make it big in Nashville. Her dad thinks she is good, but not that good. Her father says, "Nobody in Nashville is gonna pay any attention to a little girl from Grand Rapids."
Now, maybe not Nashville, but Hollywood would.  Because they did.  As we all remember.
I love That F$$* Flowers.  It is impossible not to love him.  Rough Country was about a murder of a homosexual woman and most of the characters are homosexuals as well.
The whole book is full of suspense and, as usual, the ending is a shoot-out or fight-out, in this case.  And full of tension.
The book was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment