What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Strife is Over! The Battle Done!

My dear, dear friend and former roomie, Nancy Lou has passed from this world into the Gates of Heaven.  What a day of rejoicing it was yesterday, Thursday, October 12, 2012.  It was also the 50th anniversary of Vatican II, which meant so much to her.  Nancy was a  hero of mine.  A hero in the faith.  A friend who held my head over the toilet after my first (and last) night of drinking, a friend who encouraged me to follow God's call into the ministry, a friend who took me in when I had no where to go, a friend I could always count on, no matter what.  I miss you already, Nanny.  I am so glad I got to see you in Dallas.  I love you, forever and I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment