What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lonely in Atlanta

I am not good at being alone.  I know that.  I am much more of a people person than a lot of people I know.  I am having a good time at the NAEYC Conference in Atlanta but these nights are long!  Well this is only my second night and last night only started at 11:00 pm, that's when I got in.  But the thing is, I don't have a book or a LEGO to work on and so I am in my room.  ALONE!
The other thing is, the tv here at the hotel doesn't have HGTV and while I have neither an H nor a G, I love watching the channel when I am feeling lonely because there is absolutely no emotional baggage involved for myself!  I mean, I can feel sad when someone can't get their two-oven kitchen, but I am not going to cry about it!  So here I am, in Atlanta, alone with no book or HGTV.  What can you do?  Also, I am pretty much going to give up on nanowrimo this year.  Yes, I have decided right now.  I just can't get excited about the story I was writing, even though I have kept on track for 7 days.  So good-bye nano, epic fail for me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment