What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 20, 2015


Amber Brown is Not a Crayon is the first in the Amber Brown series.  You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown is the second.  The third is Amber Brown Goes Fourth.  The fourth book in the series is Amber Brown Wants Extra Credit.  Forever Amber Brown is the fifth.  Sixth is Amber Brown Sees Red.

Wheew.  That took a long time.

Obviously I did like this series.  I listened to all of them through the library. And that is only way I could have read them, probably because the covers are terrible.

Not Gary Paulsen book cover terrible.  But pretty terrible.

Amber Brown books aren't as good as Gary Paulsen books, no, but they are more than I thought they would be.  Amber's parents are divorced and I don't know...these were really the first books that I read that gave me a real sense (as much as it could be real) about how a kid feels when his or her parents get divorced.  Well, a fictional third and fourth grader, anyway.

There is a lot of pain in these books.



No comments:

Post a Comment