What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, November 12, 2012

The French Yoda

I don't know...there was just something about Safekeeping that I didn't like.  It does count for Vermont though, so that is cool.  It is probably me.  I didn't like Out of the Dust, either but everyone loves it.  Kids and adults alike.
Radley is a cool character.  I like her a lot.  She is in Haiti, helping in an orphanage when the US elects a giant weenie party, The American Patriot Party, I think it is called.  Once the APP is in power, they become big time oppressive and start controlling the media, arresting protesters.  And then everyone starts protesting and then the President is assassinated (a woman) and there is all kinds of trouble.  Radley comes home to find her house empty and martial law in the US.  She hikes to Canada, hoping to find her parents there.  She meets a friend a long the way.  They meet a wise woman who is Canadian, not French, sorry the title of the post is wrong.  And well, I don't know.  I just didn't do much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment