What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Carnival of Souls! Read the Book! Watch the Movie!

They are totally unrelated, but both Carnival of Souls, the book and Carnival of Souls, the movie are really good!  Both are little hard to figure out at first, for me, anyway, but the pay off is worth it.
The book is set in a totally weird world with witches and daimons and fights and magic and all that jazz.  And I really can't explain it well, so it is good to just click on the link up there and read what others have said.  If you are into dark fantasy for teens, then you will like it, for sure.  It is the first book in a series and the main characters are daimon and witch teenagers.  And there is a little bit of love.  There is a lot of fighting and some dying.  Magic and stuff I usually don't get into, but the book moves quickly and I listened to it and the narrator did a really great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment