What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

Here we are on 12/12/12.
And boy am I sick.
Went to work in the morning, but had to come home in the afterno blessed to have a wonderful full-time job and a wonderful part-time job.
I think about all the folks who are looking for work and my heart aches for them.  I know what it is like to have an unstable work environment.  I have been blessed to have great jobs in my life, but my father was unemployed for a time when we were kids, so I know what it is like to be a part of a family that is hoping and praying for that phone to ring with good news, news of a fresh start.
I also know that while I am under the weather today, there are many, many who are facing life-threatening illnesses now.  And I know that it is like to love someone who has received horrible, scary news from the doctor.
I am reminded again of a quote from my favorite movie, one I have shared here before:  "Sometimes, I feel like I've lost so much, I have to find new things to lose. All I know is, there must be a divine point to it all, and it's just over my head. That when we die, it will all come clear. And then we'll say, "So that was the damn point." And sometimes, I think there's no point at all, and maybe that's the point. All I know is most people's lives are a great disappointment to them and no one leaves this earth without feeling terrible pain. And if there is no divine explanation at the end of it all, well... that's sad."  Mozelle Batiste Delacroix, Eve's Bayou.  
I know what Mozelle is saying.  It is so true that we all suffer and that most people's lives are a disappointment.  I am certain, though that there is a divine explanation.  The thing is, it is devil who does these evil things on earth.  God suffers with us and holds us close.  And in the end, we will be with Him.  And all of the sufferings that we have faced on this earth will be as nothing.  Because the devil never wins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment