What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Interesting

Under the Banner of Heaven is one of those books that everyone has been telling me that I have to read and so I finally did.  I listened to it, actually.  It was very good and I learned a lot about the LDS Church and the Fundamentalist LDS Church and things I didn't know about before, so that was cool.  As a Christian, I didn't find it offensive or evil or anything like that.  It was just a good history book.  I did have to listen to it in triple speed though, as it was long in a lot of places.  I don't skim books, and if I do I don't count them, so I wanted to hear every word, but I can't imagine getting through this without the triple speed.  I won't ever say, "You gotta read this book!" but if you get it on audible.com, like I did and you can listen to it quickly, then it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment