What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A New Series from Rachel Hawkins!!!

I was so thrilled to see School Spirits on netgalley.com.  Hex Hall was one of my most favorite series.  I read every book in one sitting and laughed and loved all three.  It was so sad to see the series end with just three books, but maybe it's brevity kept the whole thing fresh.  School Spirits is a spin-off series, if you will, taking characters we met briefly in the HH series and giving them their own life.  The Brannicks, especially teen monster-hunter Izzy is the focus of this first book.  She and her mom are that last of a powerful family of folks who keep wayward monsters inline.  While Izzy's life is anything but typical, having to banish vampires, werewolves and other creepers, she has to go to high school now, to track down an evil ghost of a former student.  Izzy is a great main character, easy to love.  So are all of her companions.  I can't wait to recommend this book!  It will so easy to do!!!  I can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment