What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

If You Think I Won't Go...

Watch Me!  Oh watch me, prove you wrong today.  You don't even know you lost me.  You think I'll always stay.  Oh just watch me walk away.  What a great song! And I really liked the book Watch Me, too.  Its former title is Reality Chick, but I like Watch Me, better.     I checked out this e-audio because I needed something to listen to and because it seemed like it would just be a quick, silly read. And it was. But it was more than that, really. The main character is really likable- not the spoiled chick I thought she would be. Also the author avoided the easy and predictable fights between the girls in the house. I thought for sure this would just be cranky, spoiled reality chick girls fighting and stealing each other's guys and all of that typical stuff. But it wasn't. It was also really realistic when it came to the language of folks of that age, and also in terms of long- distance relationships that move from high school to college. I knew I would like the book, but I didn't think I would care about the characters, but I did. I liked it! Great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment