What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Summer Story

I love a good summer read.  Five Summers is Una LaMarche's first book and I checked it out from the library on ebook.  This just wasn't my kinda book.   I know that I am old.  Forty-one now, but I just can't imagine that most young teens are as sex-obsessed and experienced as the girls in Five Summers.
This is a multiple POV story that begins when four girls are fourteen and in their last summer of camp.  The book jumps ahead three years to a reunion where the girls come back together at the camp to rekindle old flames and restart their friendship.  It jumps back, too, to the first year of camp.  Back and forth, a lot of POV's.  I don't know, it just didn't really do it for me and I lost interest.  I will read LaMarche's next book, though, because I think there is a lot of potential there.

No comments:

Post a Comment