What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

On a Subway...

Ah the people you can meet on public transportation.  I loved riding the bus.  I really did!  I rode it my first couple years to Duquesne.  Subway Girl takes place in Hong Kong and the two main characters are teens who meet on the subway:  Simon, who lives in Hong Kong and is struggling in school, mostly with English and Amy, who is from San Francisco, living in Hong Kong since her mother left her father because he was unfaithful.   I know that some people gave it poor reviews, but man..I really liked this book a lot.  I found Simon to be kind and sensitive, a lot like Park from Eleanor and Park, and not just because they are both Asian!  Simon is the kind of guy any girl could love.  And his love and commitment to Amy is the kind you pray for, I think.  I loved this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment