What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Tarot Cards

I admit, tarot cards interested me when I was a teenager.  I had a friend who would do readings and I was always looking for some hopeful sign that I would meet the man of my dreams.  These days I don't mess with them or anything that I think might cause me to have faith in something other than God.  I know for sure He is the way to go.  No, I don't think that the devil or any other evil spirits will possess people.  I know that the devil isn't strong enough for that.  This book isn't about tarot cards, though, not really.  It's about that time in life that most of go through, when we are unsure of ourselves, unsure of what we believe.  It's a powerful story that reads really true to life and honest.  It's filled with terrifically drawn and complex characters, especially the main one, Cass and her brother, Eric.  Sometimes Never, Sometimes Always is a great book for Christians and non-Christians alike and it is bound to bring up a lot of great discussion.  I can't wait to read more from Elissa J. Hoole.

No comments:

Post a Comment