What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Why Do You Hit?

Dead Ends is a really, really good book.  Erin Jade Lange wrote Butter, which didn't click with me that much but this one, it just sucked me right in.  Dane Washington is a smart, tough, cool kid, living with his mom and this pent up anger.  He gets an itchy feeling in his palms and he just has to HIT someone.  He doesn't consider himself a bully, he hits guys who have it coming.  And he'd never hit a girl and he doesn't hit "retards"- a word he throws around without thinking, until he meets Billy D.  Billy D has just moved in across the street and lives just with his mom, like Dane.  Both Billy D. and Dane have no idea where their dads are.  Dane doesn't know who his is, and he says he really doesn't care.  Billy D. wants to find his dad so badly and he seeks out Dane's help.  This is just a beautiful, painful, smart, important book.  So different.  So great.  Can't wait for it to come out so that I can recommend it to all!  Thank you, netgalley and Bloomsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment