What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Split


is a perfect title for this book in so many ways.  Split is the story of a family ripped apart and up and down by domestic abuse.  Jace Witherspoon's dad is Judge Witherspoon, a very well respected and well connected man of the law and a horrible, violent husband and father.  Jace's brother, Christian left the family long ago, while he was still in high school and so younger brother, Jace has been left to try and keep his mother and himself safe, and not turn into the abuser that his father is. 
This is the first time I have ever read a book that deals with abuse from the side of an abuser as well.  The book leaves you cheering for Jace and cursing him at the same time.   Fantastic book for discussion.  Great, great book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment