What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

If You Could Read My Mind...


There have been characters in other books and movies that could read the thoughts the thoughts of others.  I show my age when I think about What Women Want, the movie with Mel Gibson, as an example.  There's also the book Others See Us by William Sleator, which gives a darker twist to the idea of reading the minds of others.  Don't Even Think about It by Sarah Mlynowski is a hilarious and thought-provoking take on the whole telepathy deal.  A group of high schoolers, all from the same homeroom, are given the flu vaccine.  Unfortunately, along with protection from the flu, they now have the ability to hear what everyone is thinking.  This makes for some funny moments and also some miserable ones.  As usual, Mlynowski has created real and funny characters and a book that you just can't put down.  It will be so easy to recommend this book!  Very quick read and very satisfying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment