What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Sisterhood

I've never had a sister.   But I've had some awesome friends.  The thing is, we didn't go to high school together or grow up together, that kinda thing, so I haven't had the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants kind of experience, but I was still able to completely enjoy this first book in the series and it made me immediately start the second.  What I have found refreshing about them is that they don't fall into the whole deal of fighting and then making up and fighting and then making up, among the friends.  This Sisterhood is strong, indeed.  And it seems to me that when you have those really deep, sisterhood friends, that's really the way it is.  In my experience, anyway.  I love the multiple POVs.  I also love that the girls are actually 17 when they graduate from high school.  It seems like everyone these days is 18 or even 19 and that doesn't bother me and it is no big deal, but I don't know, I just like that.   They all have that younger, innocence about them and it just seems more realistic.  These girls live in Bethesda but the book takes place in Baja California, Oia, Greece and South Carolina.  The thing that keeps them together is a pair of thrift store pants which they pass around, no matter where in the world they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment