What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Pants

I just finished the fourth book in the Traveling Pants series and it was such a joy to see that the first four books completely avoided the blah, blah boring falling apart and getting back together of the fabulous four friends.  I had so worried that one or all of their friendships would suffer a break up and make up kinda deal, the kind found in so many friendship books.  But Brashares stayed true to the pants and true to an original and wonderful storyline.  In Forever in Blue the girls are spending their summer apart, as usual, and celebrating the summer after their freshman years in college.  I had always thought there were only four books to the series, but now I see that there is a fifth.  The fifth book was published a few years after the fourth and takes place after the girls are all grown up, so I don't know if it will have the same kind of magic that the first four had for me, but I am hoping and believing so.  Great, great fourth book in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment