What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Lot Going on Here!

When my car was super messy, which was and is, always, my friend Rachel would politely say, "There's a lot going on here,"  referring to the mess.  In Far from You, there is a lot of mess and there is, for sure, a lot going on in Sophie Winters life.  She's only seventeen and she is already a drug addict in recovery and she has almost died twice.  Her best friend is dead, murdered right in front of her.  And the thing is, her best friend, Mina, wasn't just her best friend, she was love as well.  Her secret love.  But very much her love.
The characters in the book are so real and well drawn.  The story is too, and I didn't figure out the ending.  Great book and I will recommend it for sure and buy it for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment