What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Love Story

The Boy on the Porch is by one of my most favorite authors, Sharon Creech.  I say it is a love story because it really is all about love.  The unconditional kind.  Man.  This is just such an emotional and expressive book about a boy, about the age of six, who just shows up on the porch of a young, childless couple.  Now this couple is the kind you want for foster parents and the kind who should show others how to be foster parents.  Or bio parents.  Or just people.  Possible Newbery?

No comments:

Post a Comment