What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Zebra Forest...

Adina Rishe Gewirtz is a brandy new author and Zebra Forest is her first fiction book.  I will most certainly be looking for her next one, as this one really stuck with me.  I bought it to listen to and I'm glad I have it, because I'll want to go back again.  Annie and Rew never live with their grandma, who is a good lady, but sometimes she isn't quite there.  Their mother took off and all Annie remembers is that she said she never really wanted kids.  Grandma has always told Rew and Annie that their dad was killed in a bar fight.  But one day there is a break at the prison just through the zebra-looking forest in their backyard and man shows up, and wouldn't you know, sometimes the dead aren't so dead after all.  Annie tells the story and she is a smart kid, a neat kid.  And so is Rew.  A story of love and family and forgiveness and yeah, just a really great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment