What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Great Discovery!

I had to read the book My Friend the Monster by Clyde Robert Bulla for a book group.  The deal was, it never came through library delivery.  There is only one copy in our county and so I was very sad.  Then I did a little search and found it on openlibrary.org!  It was super-fast to sign up, totally free and easy to read on my phone!  And I loved this book!  The drawings were so good and scary!  The book was just a great little read.  The King and Queen are pretty shallow parents and don't think that their son is anything special.  They don't pay much attention to him at all.  The Prince ends up befriending a "common" girl who tells him about the monsters that live under the earth.  He is determined to see if this whole monster deal is real.  Great little story!

No comments:

Post a Comment