What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Loved it as a kid, loved it as an adult!

I remember loving Half Magic when I read it, I think, in fourth grade.  I absolutely loved rereading it!  The whole thing is very funny and irreverent in places.  So great!  A family of three girls and one boy find a magic coin that will grant them what they want, but only half of it.  Before they figure that half-part out, some seriously bizarre things happen.  Bizarre things happen even AFTER they figure it out.  I didn't know that this was a series, but I will be reading the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment